A Programmatic Ad Tech Platform is made up of several modules, or we can say, it’s a combination of multiple platforms. Users may or may not need all of them. It is better to opt for ready-to-use system and get it white labelled, rather than think of getting it developed from scratch.
However, a White-Label Ad Tech solution must be evaluated carefully to ensure it suits your goals.
As mentioned, the Real Time Bidding Suite that make a AdTech Platform includes:
- Demand Side Platform
- Supply side platform
- Ad Exchange
- Ad Server
- Data Management Platform
First of all, to do white-labelling, there has to be a facility for a company to add their Logo, Color Themes and incorporation of Domain/other URLs. Now, a company needs to evaluate these points beforehand:
- Financials - Cost of the entire platform, or of each module
- Customization - How far the company can go to customize features
- Maintenance - Periodic Server Back-up, support, service, and upgrades
- Control, Transparency and Security – Complete data ownership and clear picture of media buying process
- Scalability and Usability – Facility to upgrade/downgrade any module at any time and user friendliness
Once the broad parameters are met then one can proceed with other recommended evaluations before going full-fledged White-label:
- If there is support for Direct campaign and Third-Party DSP Campaign setups?
- Does the solution offer header bidding?
- Does it feature Advertiser API, Publisher API, and any other API access?
- Does it include RTB Exchange integration and connect Direct Publishers via Scripts?
- Does it allow sales through Direct, Programmatic and PMP?
- Can the company have self-serve campaign manager?
- Does it offer customizable real-time dashboard, notifications and report scheduling?
- Does it accept a variety of ad formats such as display ads, videos, audio and other IAB compliant formats?
- Does it offer smart traffic routing and inventory intelligence?
- Does it have ML? That helps the solution become smarter and more efficient.
- Third-Party Click tracking, Impression tracking option, as well as integration with Third-Party viewability or fraud detection tool
- Does it offer Conversion Tracking by way of Pixels and S2S API URL?
- Does the platform support Conversion/Segment Pixel tracking and multi-step conversion tracking?
Billing & Reporting:
- Does the platform offer real time eCPM optimization, cost/revenue optimization?
- If there is support for all billing/bidding models (CPM, CPC CPA)?
- Does it provide a customizable or consolidated invoice management?
- If the platform offers multi-level drill down of reports and aggregation of statistics.
- Do users get traffic Fraud Reports?
These are only a few basic and essential “must have” features. There are others to consider that only a qualified expert in Kritter’s programmatic ad tech solutions can provide. Advertisers or publishers who plan to opt for white label ad tech should consult Kritter to get a platform that jump starts their business.