So how does an Ad Trading Stack come into existence?
Typically, when a Media Trader plans to start an Ad Trading business, they need to have access to an Ad Serving Platform and, depending on the requirement, Demand Side (DSP) and Supply Side Platforms (SSP), too. Additionally, they would require an Analytics engine along with a Data Management Platform to gather data, generate reports, and use it to optimize/run the campaigns effectively and efficiently.
Though this completes an Ad Trading Stack (ATS), the Media Trader might end up having multiple platforms for which they need to pay separate fees, and the entire infrastructure becomes challenging to manage as well. And even if the trader overcomes all these challenges, most times the entire workflow becomes so opaque that it drives the digital marketers away from the platform.
But with Kritter’s Ad Trading Stack, it is not the case!
Kritter’s Ad Trading Stack is a complete ecosystem in itself. It’s a Ready-To-Use Platform, comprising all the components as mentioned above. The platform enables the Advertisers, Publishers, Ad Networks, and Agencies alike to optimize their workflows and is compatible with most Cloud Service providers. Additionally, the platform also supports clients’ own (bare-bone) structure. And most importantly, we are committed to transparency and are compliant with most fraud prevention policies.
Kritter’s DSP allows the demand side players, namely, Advertisers, Agencies, and Ad Networks, to manage and buy Inventories from various supply sources like Publishers, Ad Networks, and Ad Exchanges.
DSP features that make us stand out –
- Reduction in Time-to-Market – Since Kritter is connected to multiple and various kinds of Exchanges, a Media Buyer can start right away without wasting time, money, and energy.
- Seamless Integration – Option to onboard any type of Demand Source with any Supply Source.
- More campaign goals & environments – The stack also supports Post-Back URLs, Third-Party Impression/Click trackers, or any other pixel-based tracking. This feature helps run performance-based campaigns along with brand awareness campaigns on the Web as well as on the In-App environment.
- Supports all creative formats – Provision to have any or all Creative formats (Banner, Native, HTML5, Audio, Video, and Rich Media/Third-Party Ad Tag).
- Custom Bidder – A custom bidder agent comprises of complex but customizable algorithms, which let advertisers set their own parameters for each campaign individually. The platform comes with such a bidder agent on top of the default bidding algorithms. This bidder agent learns over time and suggests the most optimal bid to be submitted to Exchanges, for a particular Bid Request.
On the other end of the stack, our SSP allows Publishers and Ad Networks to monetize their inventory.
One of the significant advantages with Kritter is that it allows publishers to onboard their First-Party Data in a secure environment, which can be enriched and used to target niche audiences.
SSP features that make us proud –
- Price control – Maximize yield by setting up Floor Price. The floor price is the minimum bid the advertisers have to make to be eligible for the ad space with the publisher.
- Choice of Advertiser type – Option to choose the flow of Ad Call (prioritize between Direct Advertiser and DSP)
- Header Bidding – Customizable Header Bidding code that supports Display, Video, and Native Ads.
- Private Market Place – Option to have one or more PMPs with choice of DSPs/Exchanges.
- Multi-Environment support – Facility for Software Development Kit for Android and iOS.
- Passback – Option to have a Passback tag or URL in case of no fill from Demand Source.
Now the third crucial pillar in our ad trading stack is the DMP.
“A DMP is a software platform used for collecting and managing data. They allow businesses to identify audience segments, which can be used to target specific users and contexts in online advertising campaigns.”Source: Wikipedia
You can read more about the key components of Kritter DMP in one of our older posts.
DMP features that set Kritter apart-
- Transparency – Easy segmentation, visualization, and reporting. A more unobstructed view on how you converted your users allows further optimization.
- Niche Segments – Advertisers can target their niche audience group enriched with the First-Party data.
- Integrating 3rd party data – Option to onboard any Third-Party DMP/Data and make it available for targeting.
- Taxonomy – Option to create the clients’ own Taxonomy, which helps in curating their audience pool.
- Targeting and Re-targeting – Advertisers can choose to target specific audience segments based on events like Ad renders, clicks.
- Detailed Reporting – Additionally, advertisers get access to granular reports with better insights.
Since the stack is wholly secured, all stakeholders, including advertisers, publishers, and agencies, can rest assured that any data generated by or fed into the system remains protected within the cloud, and the complete ownership lies with them.
To sum it up , Kritter ATS benefits everyone involved while keeping it transparent and comprehensive. The advertisers can make use of First-Party data, enrich their audience segments on Kritter’s Ready-to-Market Platform, and have better control and visibility on their campaigns with greater ROAS. At the same time, publishers gain more control and visibility over their inventory and ultimately earn a good yield.
All this happens in an extremely secure environment, while our platform fights off ad frauds and maintains brand safety behind the curtains!
Additionally, our tech wizards regularly roll out new features and updates based on what’s latest in the industry, on the fly, keeping the platform current.